This page contains important legal information regarding the site.
The Booth Ventures Limited website is operated by Bring Digital, which is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Booth Ventures registered office is Harwood Quarry, Brookfold Lane, Bolton, England, BL2 4LT
Our VAT number is 900622764
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views]);
- (b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- (d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- (e) any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit;
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, Internet Options’, ‘Privacy’, and selecting ‘Block all cookies’ using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites , including this one.
(3) Using your personal data
- (a) administer the website;
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- (e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- (f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- (g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- (h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- (i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- (j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(5) International data transfers
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. Alll electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted [using SSL technology]
OF course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00),
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.